Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail......

 
Christian with his bunny.

On Monday, we started learning about Easter. Christian is, more or less, interested in the Easter Bunny more than the Story of Easter (but hey, he is 2 and the thought of getting an Easter basket filled with goodies seems more appealing then the ultimate gift of Salvation at this point.)


With his new stamp set.

Over the weekend, we were talking about Jesus and Easter and he said "He will bring me monster trucks" and I said "Who will?" he said "Jesus will!". I had to laugh and remind him that the Easter bunny brings us presents, not Jesus, and he nodded and said "Okay, he will bring me them". It was the cutest thing. Chris and I couldn't stopped chuckling about it.


Our Easter bunny

Everyday, we picked a story from our "Story of Easter" book and read it with light Q&A's (very light, like two questions haha)  afterwards. He is really involved in it. Monday night we did an Easter countdown calendar! I didn't have a calendar handy so that will be added tonight - and don't think he forgot about it! He has asked me every morning about it.


This is when I started those
breathing exercises :)

Last night, we made Easter cards and put our "Growing Easter Bunny" in water! Daddy even got down and crafty with us. He loved the sparkle pens, glue, markers, paint, etc. that he got to play with. He had a great time and I had to keep taking deep breaths, reminding myself it was all washable :)



Daddy's is on the bottom right. (The best one!)

Our completed Countdown Calendar