Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Often is growing and growing....!!!


So, we got a glimpse of our little peanut a few weeks ago. (I know, I am laaaagging big time, but hey, it was the Holidays!) I had an appointment at Maternal Fetal Medicine at the end of December for a "Nuclear Translucency" test. They take measurements and blood to test for various abnormalities, but mainly Down Syndrome. Everything looked normal with the measurements. My ratio was 1:10,000, which is great.

The baby was very active and very stubborn. We got some 3D photos, and I got to see the baby in 4D (which is just 3D in video form). I, even, got a sneak peek at the possible gender, but of course, it is too soon to tell!! He/She was doing flips, sucking his/her thumb, and I even got a wave (even though it was probably just a random movement, haha). He/She looked very comfy, so all is well. We are still due June 29, 2011 - as of now. They always change those dates on you!

My "morning" (or should I say, my all-day) sickness hasn't subsided. They finally put me on Zofran for the nausea and vomiting. So far, I have lost 7lbs. since getting pregnant, so I hope I can gain some weight. The doctor would like to see him/her "fatten up" a bit.

Christian is starting to not like the idea of having a sibling. He has claimed all of this toys as "Mine" and his playroom "can not be a baby room. That is not a good idea" he tells me. Poor little guy - We will  have to make this into something spectacular (cause it is!) so he can share in the excitement.

I hope everyone had a great holiday - It was so much fun seeing everyone, and hanging out. Best part of the holidays :)

xoxo